SAUTEED FROG LEGS
This week's recipe brought to you by:
Victoria Loomis the Gatherin' Girl
Kicking off the summer and celebrating the reopening of frog season with none other than Sauteed Frog Legs. Frog legs rank high in my list of favorite things to eat. If prepared right they are hard to beat. Lean on acidity to help break them down and you won’t be disappointed.
Pairs well with: Shiner Weisse N’ Easy
Wheat beer brewed with Texas dewberries. Dewberries are another summer favorite of mine. This beer pairs perfectly in season , and certainly in flavor with the sauteed frog legs.
Serves 3-4 people
Special Equipment: Cast iron skillet or electric skillet
10-12 Medium - large frog legs
2 Cups lemon juice
1 ½ Cup flour
2 Paul Prudhomme blackened seasoning
1 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1 Stick Kerrygold whole butter
½ Teaspoon cracked pepper
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
8 Cherry tomatoes
Salad mix of any sort
NO HONEY IN IT MUSTARD SAUCE:
2 Tablespoons sour cream
1 Teaspoon mayo
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard seed
1 Teaspoon Joey’s Lisa the Truffle Queen hot sauce
4 Tablespoons Steen’s cane syrup
Mix it all together!
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place frog legs in lemon juice.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Season flour with salt, pepper, and blackened seasoning.
- Melt butter in cast iron until temp is around 300 degrees.
- If using an electric skillet you will have no trouble with temp being perfect.
- Saute cherry tomatoes and garlic, set aside.
- Dredge frog legs in flour and place in the skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes on each side.
- Serve over salad greens and top with sauce.