NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Based in Denver, Colorado Outdoor Edge is a growing 32 year old brand committed to producing innovative knives and tools for the outdoor and home improvement markets. We create highly innovative, market leading products for the hunting, fishing, home processing, camping, tactical, survival, and home improvement. Our team embraces a small business culture with a work hard – play hard mentality.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for growing our sales with current key accounts, generating sales with new customers, and managing an internal sales team. This person should be a relationship master, a leader, detail oriented, highly motivated and most importantly – they should want to win! The position is based at Outdoor Edge’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado and reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing. Due to COVID-19, this position will work remotely until we feel it is safe to have everyone working in the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive year-over-year sales increase for current customer base.
- Identify new markets and produce sales with new wholesale partners.
- Make outbound calls and emails to new and existing customers.
- Make consistent volume of outbound calls and emails to new and existing customers.
- Assist with creating various B2B sales and marketing materials.
- Negotiate vendor agreements and terms for new and existing customers.
- Forecast sales and communicate inventory demand to purchasing team.
- Manage internal sales team and lead them to success. Hold sales personnel accountable for meeting sales quotas and provide weekly updates to the VP of Sales.
- Travel domestically and internationally 50+ days per year to conduct product line reviews and exhibit at trade shows. (Travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Must be experienced and proficient in completing vendor agreements, new product setup forms, advertising agreements and all related documents to key account management.
- Travel to setup/breakdown and attend various trade shows throughout the year. (Currently all trade shows have been canceled due to COVID-19)
- Travel to and present product line to key buyers at their headquarters. (In person key account presentations are currently suspended until the COVID-19 situation improves)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Relationship Master – Master of communication with strong emotional intelligence. Ability to build relationships with various personality types.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional customer situations with prompt and courteous communication.
- Oral & Written Communication – Speak/write clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations.
- Teamwork – Contribute to building a positive team spirit and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Leadership – Empower others and coach them to be successful.
- Quality Management – Look for ways to improve quality and accuracy. Accept feedback from management and strive to become better through constructive criticism.
- Business Acumen – Knowledge of the knife market and competition. Ability to calculate margin, mark-up and other basic financial math.
- Strategic Thinking – Develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Use SWOT analysis to win business.
- Motivation – Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize tasks and use time efficiently.
- Professionalism & Ethics – Approach others in a respectful manner, react well under pressure, accept responsibility for your actions, follow through on commitments, and work with integrity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work on-time and punctual to meetings. Work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the outdoor industry or similar product oriented industry.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in marketing or another business-related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate persuasively over the phone, in writing, and in person.
- Ability to travel up to 75 days per year and occasionally travel over the weekends.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to learn CRM’s and programs quickly. Experience with SAP Business One and ACT! CRM is a plus.
- Able to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally lift or move up to 70 pounds.
- Applicants must complete a drug test and background check prior to being hired.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation will depend on experience.
- Benefits available after 90 days of employment include: 401K with guaranteed contribution, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance plan, long-term disability benefits.
- Paid Time Off: 3 paid personal/sick days annually, 10 paid vacation days after 1 year and 15 paid vacation days after 3 years of employment. PTO accrues quarterly.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you meet the requirements outlined above, then we invite you to apply for this position:
- Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include “National Sales Manager” in the email’s subject line.